Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Parents are Divorced, My elbows Have Nicknames, and Other Facts about Me

My Parents are Divorced, My elbows have Nicknames, and Other Facts about Me by Bill Cochran is a new children's book. It is geared to children ages 4-8. I really enjoyed reading it. It had great illustrations and fun facts about Ted, a kid whose parents got divorced when he was a little younger. He doesn't want to be weird but finds out he could be a little strange but doesn't care because it's who he is. I think this book is really good at showing kids that it doesn't matter if your parents are divorced, you like to sleep with one sock on, or other silly things like that, that you can be who you are and that you are loved by both parents even though they are not together. I saw this book on the shelf and wanted to read it because my parents are divorced, I've always known that they both love me and haven't had a problem with it because they divorced before I can remember, but I know there are a lot of people who struggle with it. I think this book is a really good book to share in a classroom anytime or with kids at home whether they are struggling with it or not because they may have a friend with divorced parents or may be made fun of about things they like and they need to know that whatever it is that it is ok because that is who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment