Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What A Day It Was At School

What A Day It Was At School! by Jack Prelutsky is a fun picture book with great illustrations by Doug Cushman. Each page of the book is a different poem about things that happen, may happen, or thoughts students may have throughout ones day at school. These poems are titled: My Backpack Weighs a Thousand Pounds, I tried to Do My Homework, We're Shaking Maracas, We Had a Field trip Yesterday, I Wish I'd Studied Harder, A Classmate Named Tim, I Made a Noise This Morning, It's Library Time, In the Cafeteria, I know How to Add, A Man Named Mister Hoobybatch, I'm off to the Infirmary, I'm Learning Our History, I Drew a Yellow Unicorn, Show-and-Tell, Teacher's Pet, and I have to Write a Poem for Class. I really enjoyed reading through each poem throughout the book. The poems reminded me of when I was in school and things that went through my day. I think that the pictures throughout the books helped explain the poems well. They were very detailed and showed a lot of bright color on each day. I thought they did a great job describing or showing an image of the poem. I think that students would like to read this and that teachers would like to read this in their classroom because it would show how they can relate to what they read.

No comments:

Post a Comment