Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Miss Fox's Class Goes Green


Miss Fox’s Class Goes Green by Eileen Spinelli and illustrated by Anne Kennedy is geared towards students ages 4-8. This story is about a classroom ‘going green’ and changing the way they were living to help the environment. I would recommend reading this book to a classroom at the beginning of the school year and work on recycling and ‘going green’ the entire school year. I saw this book at the curriculum lab when I wrote a lesson plan on a recycled project and I was so excited to read it because I could tie it in with that lesson! I really enjoyed this story and I think that Anne Kennedy did really well on the illustrations. She started the book on the inside cover of different ideas of going green written all over the page. The color throughout the story is bright and helps read the story, the pictures go well with the story and what is going on. I feel the illustrations really help tell the story and I would recommend reading this to a class or at home with kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment