Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What a Truly Cool World


What a Truly Cool World by Julius Lester and Joe Cepeda is a picture book geared towards children ages 4-7. This story is about the creation of the Earth by a Native American looking God and angels. The story has a fun way of explaining the creation of the Earth as well as things on the Earth like animals, flowers, music, for a few examples. I really enjoyed this story because I thought it has a good message and I enjoyed the illustrations because they used bright color and happy things going on. I think this story would be good to read at home or in a Sunday school class but, because of the controversies on religion would not be a good idea to read as a read-aloud in a classroom. I think that it may be OK to have it on the classroom library shelf; you would probably have to discuss it with administration before putting in there, just to make sure it will not cause any future problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment