Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reflection on Class So Far

So far I am loving this class. I really enjoy getting to branch out and read different types of picture books that I had no idea about before this class. This course is helping me understand the types of books I enjoy reading as well as the ones I do not care for. This is helping me build on authors I enjoy reading as well as illustrators. This class has also helped me focus more of the book than just the words; it has really helped me look more into the illustrations as well as meaning that may be behind the cover, back cover, inside flap, etc. This course is helping me really read a picture book and get as much out of it that will help me build on my class library when I have my own class as well as what books I will want to make sure I read to my students. This course is also helping me read more and more novels that students read. This is helping me get an idea of what students are reading as well as reacting to things that happen throughout the book. Reading the different novels is helping me think more about when I am teaching, to read for meaning and examining what I will want to make key points to talk to my students about through the reading. So far I have enjoyed this class and can't wait to see what all we do the rest of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment